Wednesday, April 9, 2014 / by Karen Bartlett
One of the most rewarding aspects of my career is being able to get a First Time Home Buyer into a home. I just recently had such a client and they love that they are now homeowners! I get calls daily from prospective home buyers who want to see a property and unfortunately when I talk to them they are not prepared to be at that step yet. I decided I'd write todays blog on steps for Home Buyers.
- Step one is decide to buy! Why rent if your able to own?
- Step two hire your agent. This is an important step. Find an agent who has experience and a proven track record of satisfying clients. It's ok to interview an agent ask them about their history, knowledge of areas your interested in purchasing a home in, how they can help you to become a homeowner etc.
- Step three secure financing. Work with your agent to find the perfect lender who can help determine how much you can afford when purchasing. No use wasting your time on looking at homes that you can't afford
- Step four find your home. Your realtor will go over wants and needs and help set you up on property searches.
- Step five make an offer. Your realtor will help you make an informed decision on how much to offer based on the property and surrounding area.
- Step six perfom due dilegence. Your realtor can help recommend Home and Pest Inspection companies, you will want to know exactly what your getting into before completing a purchase of a home
- Step seven close. Yeah ! You've worked through the other steps and are now a Home Owner!