Monday, May 05, 2014 / by Karen Bartlett
Take a look at the chart below. It's saying in 2013 half of all homes were on the market for 6 weeks or less! It's important if your looking to purchase a home that you be ready and prepared to move quickly. I've blogged on the buying process previously but here is a simple recap.
Step one is decide to buy! Why rent if your able to own?
- Step two hire your agent. This is an important step. Find an agent who has experience and a proven track record of satisfying clients. It's ok to interview an agent ask them about their history, knowledge of areas your interested in purchasing a home in, how they can help you to become a homeowner etc.
- Step three secure financing. Work with your agent to find the perfect lender who can help determine how much you can afford when purchasing. No use wasting your time on looking at homes that you can't afford
- Step four find your home. Your realtor will go over wants and needs and help set you up on property searches.
- Step five make an offer. Your realtor will help you make an informed decision on how much to offer based on the property and surrounding area.
- Step six perfom due dilegence. Your realtor can help recommend Home and Pest Inspection companies, you will want to know exactly what your getting into before completing a purchase of a home
- Step seven close. Yeah ! You've worked through the other steps and are now a Home Owner!